Search This Blog

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Could Be A Candy Shop for Writers...

Seventy-Five Word Paragraph Entries
Stumbled upon this on Twitter today. The site called Paragraph Planet  publishes a 75 word paragraph every day since 2008. That's impressive!

Who Can Submit?
The site states, "Famous authors, aspiring writers and occasional dabblers have all got involved, submitting a mixture of twist-in-the-tale flash fiction, evocative short, short fiction, openings of published novels or brief moments captured." 

Aspiring Writer? Famous? Dabbler?
Aspiring writer, a bit more than a dabbler. That's me.

My 75 Word Paragraph Entry Below-


       The Seasons Are The Reasons
When the heat of summer is too much to bear, a cool breeze appears lifting our spirit. Fall leaves float to the ground but will grow back vibrant because we have hope. Snow will become winter’s blanket, with the magical emotions we felt as a child, because we have the belief. And spring will bring new life no matter the weather or challenges we face because we have courage.

###



The Story Behind My Entry-
Years ago, I had a small company called Under the Willow that created Billows™ (small pillows of comfort) for cancer patients. A gift card was included with the entry above. I did have to "tweak" it a bit to meet the 75 word paragraph guideline.


The Romance of Summer...

And lastly...
I can find romance in so many things including the change of the seasons (that inspired my entry). I believe romance is the circle of the Earth's life and love. Photos capture my seasons.


The Romance of Fall...
The Romance of Winter...
And the Romance of Spring...

Thank you for taking the time to visit.

Best,
Carrie











No comments:

Post a Comment